Monday, October 14, 2013

Slow-Cooker Cheese Steak Sandwiches

A few weeks ago, I found this at TJ's:


Really wanting a cheese steak sandwich at that moment, I knew I'd settle for making tacos with it. So I bought the sirloin and in the freezer it went. Then, at random, a slow-cooker recipe for cheese steak sandwiches popped up on my Pinterest feed, and seriously, how can one deny that I was totally meant to make cheese steak sandwiches for slow-cooker month?

Thank you Sarah Marie, whoever you are, for this amazing slow-cooker recipe. I added to it a bit, but not much.

Slow-Cooker Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Serves 4 - 6

Ingredients

1 lb. round steak, cut into bite sized strips
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 medium onion, sliced
1 can French onion soup
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. Lawry's seasoned salt
hoagie style buns
Provolone cheese, sliced
Beechers flagship cheese, sliced (optional)
Butter

Directions

Place steak, pepper strips, onion slices, French onion soup, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, garlic powder, and seasoned salt into slow cooker and stir together thoroughly. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.

Melt some butter or margarine in a small bowl. Brush the hoagie buns with the melted better, then place ¼ of the steak mixture on each bun*, and top with a slice or two of cheeses. Wrap each sandwich in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

*The steak mixture will be somewhat soupy, so when dipping it out to put on each sandwich, turn the spoon slightly and let the broth drain out before putting it on the sandwich. You will have broth leftover in the slow cooker at the end.



3 comments:

  1. This calls for a stop at TJ’s on my way home after work tonight! You need to stop posting these awesome recipes because I keep making yours and will never get around to trying one of my own. I love love love a good Philly cheese steak and can’t wait to make this! Perfect for a Thursday night Seahawk’s game this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect football food! I'm glad you pointed that out.

      Delete