Thursday, April 4, 2013

April Food Theme: 2-n-1 Meals

As a working mom, I am ALL about getting the most done in the least amount of time.  The picture below is just one example of how my ability to multi-task has developed since becoming a mom. 

 
Vacuuming and cuddling with baby Otto, 10 months

So when it comes to meal times, making something that can feed our family twice is a sanity saver.  Full disclosure here - when I refer to "making something" I am really talking about my amazing husband JJ, who became the Strachan family chef after Otto was born.  Actually, I think I made sloppy joes from a can one time but does that really count as cooking?  He is a wonderful cook but hates having his picture taken.

 
JJ hiding from the camera while cooking breakfast

I know the Beauties have a number of 2-n-1 recipes in their arsenals and I (JJ) can't wait to see what they can cook up!

Cheers!

Rachel 

5 comments:

  1. I love your multitasking - I really need to learn how to use my moby wrap! Very excited for this month, we could all use some simplicity and ideas to make dinner time easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make vacuuming look good! And I will be very excited to see what you ladies come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! Otto looks like he wants to try it, teaching him young, I like it. ;) I already have my 2-n-1 picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun idea! My favorite twofer is to make a pork roast in the crock pot and use half for carnitas and half for pulled pork sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete