Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thirsty Thursday - Lavender Infused Gin

I went to one of my most favorite places in Bellingham last night for a celebration with some colleagues from work. It’s called the Temple Bar. And if you live in Bellingham and have not gone, there is no excuse for you. Typically when I go with a friend we get the happy hour special which is a bottle of wine and a cheese plate for $15.00. It’s a screaming deal. But yesterday it was warm outside, the sun was shining and there was a cocktail special written on the chalk board outside called “The Herb Garden” which had lavender infused gin in it. And I couldn’t refuse it because I love lavender! It was so yummy!
I came to work very curious about how to make lavender infused gin, and it turns out it is super easy! So I’m going to try it. And plus lavender is totally in season right now.



Lavender infused Gin
-1 ½ teaspoons lavender
-1 (750-milliliter) bottle gin, such as Plymouth
Add lavender to gin and infuse for 1 day. Strain and use in cocktails where gin is called for. To make a delicious drink like the herb garden, pour 1 ½ shots of lavender infused gin over ice, add a squeeze of lemon, and top off with soda water. Add a sprig of lavender to beautify. It’s the perfect summer drink!





6 comments:

  1. Well look at that, I just bought my first lavender plant. Obviously I have to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you twisted my arm. I think we need to fit in lunch AND a trip to the Temple Bar when I come up in July! I almost picked lavender for our June ingredient, although it never occurred to me to infuse liquor with it. Brilliant and it's flourishing in my backyard so I know what my signature 4th of July cocktail is going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds yummy amber! but, gotta say, now that liquor is more expensive in WA, i am protesting. which just basically means that i'm cheap and no one wins. boo hoo. when i get over it, i will try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the post! I miss Bellingham & my bellingham girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That place sounds amazing. Can I come meet you, Amber? I think we'd make fast friends.

    ReplyDelete