Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thirsty Thursday: Whiskey

My co-worker, Donna, ordered a Jameson-cran one afternoon during lunch. (Yes, we were drinking on the job but our boss was with us and I'm still employed...) I've had vodka-crans but never tried whiskey. Way, way better! And since Donna had just returned from her trip to Ireland and the Jameson distillery there, she was a boat-load of good information for whiskey drinks. My current fav is whiskey-gingers.

Whiskey and ginger ale on the rocks, that's it. Simplicity and satisfaction in a highball.

Pour one on peeps...the weekend is almost here!

And because I'm too lazy to take a pic, download it onto my computer and post it here for you I didn't have the time to take a photo, I thought this one might suffice for today:


4 comments:

  1. Love the simple drinks! Sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you introduced me to Jameson Cran - it's now one of my favorite drinks! And Uncle Curtis loves Jameson Ginger. Plus it's so much fun to toast to one of our favorite little guys every time we drink it.

    I'd like a copy of that poster to hang up at work - ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new title design and photo! Did I just completely miss that before? Sorry! haha... I've never been one for Whiskey, but I like the idea of this drink, and am going to float it by my in-house Whiskey connoisseur. He's always down for a new twist on his ole' pal Jameson! Hey - here's a question for your friend Donna (oh, by the way - coolest work lunch ever!): Do Whiskey experts have a special name? For example, like sommeliers for wine have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really good! Can't wait to see what comes out of your weekend retreat! Thanksgiving is so yummy!

    ReplyDelete