|Alligator on our Airboat Ride in the Everglades|
|Me, KT & Chad|
This was followed by partying in South Beach until 2:30 in the morning (close your eyes mom). I even had to cuddle with this animal:
|My Buddy Axl|
Then we had a two week work trip over New Years. We went to Miami and the Florida Keys and it was beautiful every day. Oh the torture! I had to work on my birthday (thanks for the shout out Emily) but managed to eek out a celebration cocktail on Saturday night in Key West. We got back to Fort Myers after working 16 days straight and I had this gorgeous guy come to see me:
|My cousin Austin|
I would have a picture of another gorgeous guy named Skyler but he was mysteriously missing during the sunset cocktail. Next up, I was tortured by a visit from my sister. We ended up kayaking and seeing the manatees up close and personal.
|Nancy & I having a great day on the water|
I took the long way around but you get the idea. I have had a crazy month and the idea of cooking for just myself just didn't appeal to me. I was torn between two Pinterest recipes any way. They both sound awesome so here you go! I hope you have better luck getting them made. In case you are feeling sorry for me, I have since made the roasted chicken several times. I can see these on the menu sometime soon.
Copycat Macaroni Grill's Penne Rustica
Gratinata sauce ( use 4 1/2 cups )
1 teaspoon butter1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon dill
1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
1/2 cup marsala cooking wine
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 cups heavy cream
1/2 ounce pancetta or bacon (I used an ounce which was 1 strip of bacon for me)
9 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
6 ounces grilled chicken breasts, sliced (1 large breast or 2 small)
8-12 ounces penne pasta, cooked
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped pimiento (optional)
3 Tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon chopped shallot
pinch salt and pepper
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon paprika
3 sprigs fresh rosemary (for garnish)
1. For Gratinata Sauce: Saute butter, garlic, and rosemary until garlic begins to brown.
2. Add Marsala wine and reduce by one-third.
3. Add remaining ingredients, reduce by half of the original volume.
4. Set aside.
5. For Penne Rustica: Saute pancetta or bacon until it begins to brown.
6. Add butter, shallots, and shrimp.
7. Cook until shrimp are evenly pink but still translucent.
8. Add chicken, salt, pepper, and mix thoroughly.
9. Add gratinata sauce and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
10. Simmer until sauce thickens.
11. In a large bowl, combine shrimp and chicken mixture with the cooked pasta.
12. Pour into a large casserole dish or roaster.
13. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup more parmesan cheese, pimientos and sprinkle with paprika.
14. Bake at 475 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.