Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Delicious Gingerbread Cookie Recipe



I have to admit I’ve never been a fan of Gingerbread Cookies. They’re sort of hard and taste a little like spicy cardboard. But we just got this adorable Christmas book called “The Gingerbread Mouse” that comes with a recipe for gingerbread cookies, which prompted my children to ask if we could make them. I thought, sure, that sounds fun, even if they aren’t worth their weight in calories. But I was wrong! These cookies are damn good. Contrary to the visions of gingerbread cookies in my head, these were soft, moist, and, well… DELICOUS!

So here you go my friends, the first and only delicious gingerbread cookie recipe, compliments of The Gingerbread Mouse.

Ingredients
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground cloves
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1 2/4 sticks (14 tablespoons) butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
 
Directions
Sift flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves into a large bowl. Beat butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl until creamy. Add egg, vanilla extract and beat until blended. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture, blending well. Refrigerate dough until firm (about 30-45 minutes). Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out a portion of the chilled dough onto a floured surface. Cut cookie shapes with a knife or cookie cutter. Bake cookies on a cookie sheet (I used parchment paper too) for 9 minutes. Cool cookies on wire rack. Frost cookies with your favorite icing (I cheated and bought some at the store that was already in an easy to use tube) and your favorite sprinkles, etc.
 
 
 
 
 
Happy Holidays!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment