Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thirsty Thursday: Hot Buttered What??

That's right, MILK! According to my wonderful hot buttered rum tin can mix ('cause why would you go to the trouble of making hot buttered rum from scratch?) you can make a hot buttered milk sans rum for a delicious and festive non-alcoholic drink -- Rachel! Also, a little tip for my fellow Beauties with kiddos...a fun treat for the whole fam.

I, however, did not opt for the hot buttered milk or hot buttered rum. I followed the recipe on the tin, BUT I discovered a cool substitute to spiced rum right in my liquor cabinet: butterscotch schnapps liqueur. Why not?

I don't know if it was the butterscotch schnapps or the fact that I actually added butter into my drink (which I've never done but the recipe recommended) or that I just happened to find a particularly awesome hot buttered rum mix, but this was easily the best hot buttered rum I've ever consumed.

So, with these little tips, I hope you enjoy a hot beverage on Christmas morning with your children...just don't get the mugs mixed up. Merry Christmas!

Hot Buttered Milk
1 - 1/2 Tbsp hot buttered rum mix
1 Tbsp butter (optional)
3/4 c hot milk

Hot Buttered Rum (or Schnapps)
1 - 1/2 Tbsp hot buttered rum mix
1 Tbsp butter (optional)
3/4 c boiling water
Jigger of rum or butterscotch schnapps

Also, be sure to pose cute snowman when photographing
beverages  in your favorite, ghetto HP mug.

1 comment:

  1. We love hot butters at our house and now I'm really excited to try it with schnapps and real butter!

    ReplyDelete